Born on November 13, 1957, Greg Abbott is an American lawyer and a politician who has been serving as the Governor of Texas since January 2015. As a member of the Republican Party, he served as the 50th Attorney General of Texas from 2002 to 2015. To learn more about him, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended University of Texas at Austin and Vanderbilt University.
Greg Abbott Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Wichita Falls, Texas, Greg was born to Doris Lechristia Jacks Abbott and Calvin Roger Abbott. He is of English descent and is Roman Catholic.
Greg Abbott Affair/Married/Wife
He is married to Mexican-American Cecilia Phalen Abbott. They have a child. For more information, visit his twitter.
If you're fleeing states like California, NY, & Illinois to move to Texas, remember why you’re escaping high taxes, burdensome regulations & sanctuary policies.
We don’t want the same thing happening here.
We plan to KEEP Texas, Texas! https://t.co/bqpScogHGk
— Greg Abbott (@GregAbbott_TX) May 24, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Gregory Wayne Abbott
- Nicknames: Greg Abbott
- Birthday: November 13, 1957
- Age: 61 years old (as of May 2019)
- Birthplace: Wichita Falls, Texas, US
- Current Residence: Texas, US
- Education: University of Texas at Austin, Vanderbilt University
- Profession: Lawyer, Politician
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Zodiac: Scorpio
- Spouse/Wife: Cecilia Phalen Abbott
- Children: 1
Who is Pete Buttigieg? Learn about him here.
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He is a Republican.
- He has been serving as the 48th Governor of Texas since 2015.
- He is the first governor of any U.S. state since George Wallace to permanently use a wheelchair.
- He met wife while attending UT Austin.
- He was paralyzed below waist when an oak tree fell on him while he was jogging following a storm. He was 26 at the time.
- He began his judicial career in Houston where he served as a state trial judge in 129th District Court for three years.
- His wife is the first Latina to be the First Lady of Texas since Texas joined the union.
America is sick and tired of spending hour upon hour sitting in their automobile trying to get to work, trying to get kids to school, trying to get to a doctor’s appointment.