Born on July 30, 1984, Gina Rodriguez is an American actress who is best known for her role as Jane Villanueva in the comedy-drama series Jane the Virgin. Starting her acting career in theater productions, she attended NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts.
Before Fame: She attended Tisch School of the Arts.
Gina Rodriguez Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Chicago, Illinois, she was born to Magalil and Genaro Rodriguez as the youngest daughter of three.
Gina Rodriguez Affair/Dating/Boyfriend
View this post on Instagram
Today is #LatinaEqualPay Day, Latina workers on average only get 53 cents for every $1 a man is paid. The gap has widened since last year, and for some, it's even worse. This is an injustice, and there's still so much work to do for Latinas to be treated equally. Me and my sisters at @timesupnow support Latina equal pay! #phenomenallylatina @phenomenal.ly t-shirt proceeds benefit the National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health. Website in bio. #sameJobNOTsamepay
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Gina Alexis Rodriguez
- Nicknames: Gina
- Birthday: July 30, 1984
- Age: 34 years old
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, US
- Current Residence: Los Angeles, California, US
- Education: Tisch School of the Arts
- Profession: Actress
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Hispanic
- Religion: Not fixed (she says “I grew up Catholic. I have Jewish in my family and I attend a Christian church in Hollywood. I am basically all over the place”)
- Zodiac: Leo
- Spouse/Wife: Not Available
- Boyfriend/Dating: Not Available
- Children: Not Available
- Net Worth: $5 million (estimated)
- Height: 5 ft 3½ inches (161 cm)
- Weight: 58 kg (128 lbs)
- Feet Size/Shoe Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Chest Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- In an interview, she revealed that she has suffered from Hashimoto’s disease, a thyroid condition since the age of 19.
- Rodriguez began her career in theater productions and made her screen debut in an episode of Law & Order.
- She has a pooch named Casper.
- She performed at the salsa dance company Fantasia Juvenil at the age of seven.
I try to keep in mind that it’s a long journey. It’s not a race. It’s about staying focused, continuing to do good work, make my family and community proud; that’s all I really want to do… and pay my bills.