Born on June 10, 1973, Faith Evans is an American singer-songwriter, record producer and actress who became the first female artist to contract with Sean “Puff Daddy” Combs’ Bad Boy Entertainment recording company in 1994. She is also most known as the widow of New York rapper Christopher “The Notorious B.I.G.” Wallace, whom she married on August 4, 1994, a few weeks after meeting at a Bad Boy photo shoot. The marriage resulted in Evans’ involvement in the East Coast–West Coast hip hop rivalry, dominating the rap music news at the time, and ended with Wallace’s murder in an unsolved drive-by shooting in Los Angeles on March 9, 1997. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: She became the first female artist to contract with Sean “Puff Daddy” Combs’ Bad Boy Entertainment recording company in 1994.
Faith Evans Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Lakeland, Florida, she was born to African-American mother, Helene Evans, a professional singer. Her father was a Caucasian and left before she was born.
Faith Evans Affair/Married/Husband
She was married to Christopher “The Notorious B.I.G” Wallace from 1994 to 1997. The marriage resulted in Evans’ involvement in the East Coast–West Coast hip hop rivalry, dominating the rap music news at the time, and ended with Wallace’s murder in an unsolved drive-by shooting in Los Angeles on March 9, 1997.
After that she married Todd Russaw in 1998. They divorced in 2011.
View this post on Instagram
To my #UKFaithfuls! I'm giving away 2x tickets to some of my #Faithfuls this week. For a chance to win all you need to do is email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your favourite track of mine and the name of the city you'd like to see me performing in. I can't wait to see you all this weekend!
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Faith Renee Jordan
- Nicknames: Faith Evans
- Birthday: June 10, 1973
- Age: 45 years old
- Birthplace: Lakeland, Florida, US
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Fordham University (dropped out)
- Profession: Singer-songwriter, record producer, actress
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Multiracial
- Religion: Christian
- Zodiac: Gemini
- Spouse/Wife: Stevie J.
- Children: 3
- Net Worth: $3 million USD
- Height: 5 feet 6 inches
- Weight: 56 kg (123 lbs)
- Feet Size/Shoe Size: 8 (US)
- Chest Size: 32 inches (estimated)
- Bra Size/ Breast Size: 32B (estimated)
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She was dubbed the “First Lady of Bad Boy” when she was signed to Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs’s record label.
- She is portrayed by Antonique Smith in Notorious (2009).
- On July 17, 2018, she married her boyfriend of 2 years Stevie J. in Las Vegas.
- She is of biracial ethnicity; her mother is black and her father is white. She has never met her father, as he left before she was born.
- She was previously married to Todd Russaw and The Notorious B.I.G..
Everybody wasn’t always too big on my mother having me. I believe at least probably my father. I don’t think he wanted her to have the baby. So I really think that’s what made her name me Faith. She had to keep the faith.