Born on September 15, 1942, Emmerson Mnangagwa is a Zimbabwean politician and lawyer who is the third and current President of Zimbabwe. As a longtime ally of his predecessor Robert Mugabe and as a senior member of the ruling ZANU-PF party, he served as the First Vice President of Zimbabwe until November 2017. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended University of London and University of Zambia.
Emmerson Mnangagwa Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Shabani, Southern Rhodesia, he was born on Mafidhi and Mhurai Mnangagwa as one of six children in the family.
Emmerson Mnangagwa Affair/Married/Wife
Mnangagwa has nine children with two wives. His first wife was the sister of Josiah Tongogara, a fellow ZANLA commander, and died from cancer in 2000. His second wife, Auxillia Mnangagwa, was born in rural Zimbabwe, and has been involved in ZANU-PF politics since 1982. For more information, contact him on twitter.
Anyone who wants to help us grow our economy and create jobs and empower our people is a friend of Zimbabwe, whether it is China, America, Britain or South Africa. Our people want jobs jobs jobs and development and respectable and decent living . pic.twitter.com/phj8DIBu9A
— Emmerson D Mnangagwa (@edmnangagwa) November 30, 2017
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Emmerson Dambudzo Mnangagwa
- Nicknames: Emmerson
- Birthday: September 15, 1942
- Age: 75 years old
- Birthplace: Shabani, Southern Rhodesia
- Current Residence: Zimbabwe
- Education: University of London, University of Zambia
- Profession: Lawyer, Politician
- Nationality: Zimbabwean
- Ethnicity/Race: Black
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Virgo
- Spouse/Wife: Jayne Tongogara, Auxillia Mnangagwa
- Children: 9
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Chest Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He is the third and current President of Zimbabwe.
- He served as the First Vice President of Zimbabwe from 2014 until his dismissal in early November 2017 which prompted a coup defeat.
- Mnangagwa was a guerilla leader during the Rhodesian Bush War.
- He is nicknamed “Garwe” or “Ngwena”, which mean “the crocodile” in the Shona language, initially because that was the name of the guerrilla group he founded, but later because of his political shrewdness.
The Revolution has a way of strengthening it self. It goes into cycles. This is another cycle where it rids itself of elements that have become inconsistent with the correct line.