Born on June 9, 1933, Don Young is an American politician who is serving as the US Representative for Alaska’s at-large congressional district since 1973. He is the longest-serving member ever of the United States House of Representatives from the state of Alaska and the longest currently serving House member. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He began his political career in 1964 when he was elected Mayor of Fort Yukon, serving from 1964 to 1968.
Rep Don Young Ethnicity/Birth Place
Born in Meridian, California, he earned a bachelor’s degree from Chico State College in 1958.
Rep. Don Young Affair/Married
Young was married to the former Lula Fredson, an indigenous Gwich’in. She volunteered her time serving as the manager of her husband’s Washington, D.C. congressional office. They had two daughters and were members of the Episcopal Church. Lula died on August 1, 2009 at the age of 67. He then married Anne Garland Walton on June 9, 2015. Visit his twitter for more information.
As a veteran, I want to thank the work of the @AmericanLegion for all that they do for our communities. I’m grateful to be named an Honorary Member of the American Legion, Post 28 and I appreciate these dedicated service members. pic.twitter.com/yTjFFaygZK
— Rep. Don Young (@repdonyoung) February 28, 2018
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Donald Edwin Young
- Nicknames: Don Young
- Birthday: June 9, 1933
- Age: 84 years old
- Birthplace: Meridian, California, US
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Yuba College, California State University, Chico
- Profession: Politician
- Political Party: Republican
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Gemini
- Spouse/Wife: Lu Fredson (m. 1963; d. 2009) Anne Garland Walton (m. 2015)
- Children: 2
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He served in the Army from 1955 to 1957.
- Young moved to Alaska in 1959, not long after it became a state.
- He began his political career in 1964 when he was elected Mayor of Fort Yukon, serving from 1964 to 1968.
- He is the most-senior U.S. Representative and the most-senior Republican Representative.
- On May 4, 2017, though he had indicated two months earlier that he would oppose repeal of the Affordable Care Act, he ultimately voted for its repeal.
Remember, the Arctic didn’t have any ice. And the Northwest Passage was wide open. They were raising grapes in Scotland for God sakes, had a huge winery. Iceland was a farming community. As some of the glaciers retreated they found villages that were covered with ice.