David Goodall (April 4, 1914 – May 10, 2018) was a British-born Australian botanist and ecologist who was influential in the early development of statistical methods in ecology. The 104 year old scientist ended his life with self-administrated lethal injection of Nembutal on May 10, 2018 while listening to Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9.
Before Fame: He attended Imperial College London.
David Goodall Ethinicity/Religion/Birth Place
Born in Edmonton, London, he was a British-born Australian scientist.
David Goodall Wife/Children/Family
Although he was married, his wife’s name is not known. However, it is known that he had 3 sons and a daughter, 10 grandchildren and 15 great grandchildren. More information on him can be found in The Guardian‘s article.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: David William Goodall
- Nicknames: David
- Birthday: 4 April 1914
- Death Date: 10 May 2018
- Age: 104 at the time of death
- Birthplace: Edmonton, London, England
- Diet at: Liestal, Switzerland
- Education: Imperial College London
- Profession: Botanist, Ecologist
- Nationality: British-born Australian
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Aries
- Spouse/Wife: Married (but name is not known)
- Children: 3 sons and a daughter
- Grandchildren: 10
- Great Grandchildren: 15
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He was influential in the early development of statistical methods in ecology.
- His PhD research was conducted on assimilation in the tomato plant.
- In December 2016, he was thought to be the oldest scientist still working in Australia.
- He ended his life with a self-administered lethal injection of Nembutal on 10 May while listening to Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9.
I don’t want to go to Switzerland, though it’s a nice country. But I have to do that in order to get the opportunity of suicide which the Australian system does not permit. I feel very resentful … how unsatisfactory my life here is, unsatisfactory in almost every respect. The sooner it comes to an end the better … My feeling is that an old person like myself should have full citizenship rights including the right of assisted suicide.