Born on May 13, 1943, Dan Coats is an American politician and former diplomat who is serving as the current and fifth Director of National Intelligence since 2017 under the Trump Administration. He is a member of the Republican Party. He was the United States Ambassador to Germany from 2001 to 2005, and was a member of the United States House of Representatives from 1981 to 1989. He served in the U.S. Army (1966–1968) and before serving in the U.S. Senate, Dan Coats was a member of the United States House of Representatives, representing Indiana’s 4th congressional district from 1981 to 1989. To learn more about him, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended Wheaton College and Indiana University.
Dan Coats Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Jackson, Michigan, Dan Coats is the son of Vera Elisabeth and Edward Raymond Coats. His father was of English and German descent and his maternal grandparents emigrated from Sweden.
Dan Coats Wife/Children/Married
He is married to Marsha Coats, who is Indiana’s female representative to the Republican National Committee. they have three children. For more information, visit his twitter.
What a thrill to watch Butler take down #1 ranked Villanova. Electric night at Hinkle. pic.twitter.com/czWJxBKjOR
— Senator Dan Coats (@SenDanCoats) January 5, 2017
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Daniel Ray Coats
- Nicknames: Dan Coats
- Birthday: May 16, 1943
- Age: 75 years old
- Birthplace: Jackson, Michigan, US
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Wheaton College, Illinois, Indiana University, Indianapolis
- Profession: Politician, former diplomat
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Taurus
- Spouse/Wife: Marsha Coats
- Children: 3
- Net Worth: $4.5 million USD (estimated)
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
Who is Vernon Unsworth? Why did Elon Musk call him “Paedo” Learn more about him here.
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- His father was of English and German descent, and his maternal grandparents emigrated from Sweden.
- He served as assistant vice president of a Fort Wayne life insurance company.
- He is a Republican.
- He previously served as a United States Senator from Indiana from 1989 to 1999 and again from 2011 to 2017.
- On January 5, 2017, Coats was announced as U.S. President-elect Donald Trump’s nominee for the post of Director of National Intelligence, to succeed James R. Clapper.
- He received the Big Brothers Big Sisters of America’s Charles G. Berwind Lifetime Achievement Award in 2012.
Today, we face another major potential attack on our country. This attack is not a hijacked plane or bomb, although that remains a threat; rather, it is a cyber attack.