Born on August 25, 1944, Conrad Black is a Canadian-born British author and former newspaper publisher who once controlled the Hollinger International which was once the world’s third-largest English language newspaper empire.
He was convicted on four counts of fraud in US District Court in 2007 and conviction upheld in 2010 made him being re-sentenced to 42 months. He was granted a full pardon by President Donald Trump on May 15, 2019. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended Carleton University, Unversite Laval and McGill University.
Conrad Black Ethnicity/Religion/Nationality
Conrad was born in Montreal, Quebec to George Montegu Black Jr., and Jean Elizabeth Riley. His father was the president of Canadian Breweries Limited.
Conrad Black Affair/Married/Wife
He was married to Joanna Hishon in 1978 and their marriage was finalized in 1992. They had two sons and a daughter. He married Barbara Amiel in 1992. Visit his twitter for more information.
— Conrad Black (@ConradMBlack) April 22, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Conrad Moffat Black
- Nicknames: Conrad Black
- Birthday: August 25, 1944
- Age: 74 years old (as of May 2019)
- Birthplace: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Education: Carleton University, Universite Laval, McGill University
- Profession: Author, former newspaper publisher, financier, historian
- Nationality: Canadian-born British
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Zodiac: Virgo
- Spouse/Wife: Joanna Hishon (1978–1992), Barbara Amiel, Lady Black (m. 1992)
- Children: 3
- Net Worth: $80 million USD (estimated)
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He was convicted on four counts of fraud in US District Court in 2007.
- He was granted a full pardon by President Donald Trump on May 15, 2019.
- He controlled the Hollinger International which was once the world’s third-largest English language newspaper empire. Hollinger International published The Daily Telegraph (UK), Chicago Sun-Times (U.S.), The Jerusalem Post (Israel), National Post (Canada).
- He renounced his Canadian citizenship in order to be eligible for British life peerage.
- Visit our site for more updates.
I always keep a firewall between my own travails and my perception of public-policy issues. Otherwise I would retain no credibility as a commentator.
Economics is half psychology and half grade three arithmetic, and the U.S. does not now have either half right.