Christine Keeler (22 February 1942-4 December 2017) was an English model and showgirl who was a national sensation when in Cold War, she became sexually involved with a married government minister, John Profumo, as well as a Soviet diplomat. A shooting incident between two of her other lovers caused the press to investigate her, revealing that her affairs could be threatening national security. In the House of Commons, Profumo denied any improper conduct but later admitted that he had lied. This incident discredited the Conservative government of Harold Macmillan in 1963 in what became known as the Profumo affair. She was also known as Christine Sloane. Read the article below for more information.
Christine Keeler Parents/Affair/Dating/Married
Born in Uxbridge, Middlesex, her father Colin Keeler abandoned the family during World War II and was brought up by her mother and her stepfather Edward Huish.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Christine Margaret Keeler
- Nicknames: Christine
- Birthday: 22 February 1942
- Death: 4 December 2017
- Age at time of death: 75 years
- Birthplace: Uxbridge, Middlesex, England
- Died at: Locksbottom, Greater London, England
- Education: Not Available
- Profession: Model
- Nationality: British
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Pisces
- Spouse/Wife: Married twice, both ended in divorce
- Children: 2
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: 173 cm (5 feet 8 inches)
- Weight: 65 kg (143 lbs)
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Chest Size: Not Available
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- Her father, Colin Keeler, abandoned the family during the World War II.
- Keeler couldn’t attend the school as the school health inspector said that she was suffering from malnutrition and was sent to a holiday home in Littlehampton.
- On April 17, 1959, at the age of 17, Keeler gave birth to a son after an affair with an American sergeant. However, the child survived for just 6 days.
- She was brought up by her mother, Julie Payne, and stepfather, Edward Huish.
- She was sexually abused as a teenager both by her mother’s lover and his friends, for whom she babysat.