Born on September 25, 1983, Donald McKinley Glover Jr. known as Childish Gambino and mcDJ is an American actor, singer, comedian, writer, producer, rapper and DJ who rose to fame for his work with Derrick Comedy while at New York University. He then portrayed community college Troy Barnes on the sitcom Community. He has won awards such as Primetime Emmy Awards, Golden Globe Awards for his work on Atlanta. His single “Redbone” peaked at number 12 on the Billboard Hot 100 and earned him Grammy Award for Best Traditional R&B Performance. He was named among 100 Most Influential People by Time in 2017. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended New York University.
Childish Gambino Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born at Edwards Air Force Base in California, he is the son of Beverly and Donald Glover Sr. He was raised as Jehovah’s Witness.
Childish Gambino Affair/Girlfriend/Dating
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Donald McKinley Glover
- Nicknames: Childish Gambino
- Birthday: September 25, 1983
- Age: 34 years old
- Birthplace: Edwards Air Force Base, California
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: New York University
- Profession: Actor, comedian, singer, songwriter, rapper, DJ, producer
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Black
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Libra
- Spouse/Wife: Not Available
- Girlfriend/Dating: Rebecca
- Children: 2
- Net Worth: $12 million USD
- Height: 5 feet 9 inches
- Weight: 79 kg (174 lbs)
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Chest Size: 41 inches
- Waist Size: 33 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Black
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He auditioned to play Barack Obama on Saturday Night Live (1975) but lost to Fred Armisen.
- He was named one of the “Eight Actors Who Turn Television into Art” for his role on Community in a cover story of The New York Times.
- He was raised a Jehovah’s Witness.
- In his DeKalb School of the Arts yearbook, Donald was voted as Most Likely to Write for The Simpsons.
- His stage name “Childish Gambino” was created by Wu-Tang Clan’s name generator.
L.A. is such a different place. I miss New York so much. I almost teared up when I came back and wanted a Guinness and realized I could drink it and take a cab home. I remembered that I could be a functional alcoholic in New York, like I used to be!
Writing is a very strenuous thing – it’s like banging your head against a wall. At the end of the day, acting is better, just because nobody ever asked me if I wanted a Pellegrino in the writer’s room.
For more updates, visit our site.