Born on December 29, 1962, Carles Puigdemont is a Catalan politician who became the President of the Government of Catalonia on 12 January 2016. His current status is a matter of dispute following Catalonia’s unilateral declaration of independence from the Kingdom of Spain on 27 October 2017. On 30 October, it transpired that Puigdemont and part of his sacked government had fled to Belgium in a move to avoid action from the Spanish judiciary, as the Spanish Attorney General José Manuel Maza announced a criminal complaint against them for rebellion, sedition and embezzlement. Read the article below for more information.
Before Fame: Before fame, he attended University of Girona.
Carles Puigdemont Parents/Ethnicity/Nationality
Born in Amer, he is the son of Xavier Puigdemont and Nuria Casamajo Ruiz. He is the second of eight brothers. His great-grandfather and his uncle Josep Puigdemont (1979–1983) were mayors of Amer.
Carles Puigdemont Affair/Married/Wife
He is married to Marcela Topor. They have 2 children together. For more information, contact him on twitter.
Ens espera una repressió llarga i ferotge. Ho hem de combatre sense violència, amb pau i respecte a totes les opinions pic.twitter.com/dpCNTVViN5
— Carles Puigdemont (@KRLS) November 2, 2017
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Carles Puigdemont i Casamajó
- Nicknames: Carles Puigdemont
- Birthday: December 29, 1962
- Age: 54 years old
- Birthplace: Amer, Girona, Spain
- Current Residence: Spain
- Education: University of Girona
- Profession: Politician
- Political Party: Democratic Convergence of Catalonia (1983–2016), Catalan European Democratic Party (2016–present)
- Nationality: Catalan
- Ethnicity/Race: Not Available
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Capricorn
- Spouse/Wife: Marcela Topor (2000-present)
- Children: 2
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He was named after his grandfather, Carles Casamajo.
- His uncle was mayor of Amer from 1979 to 1983.
- A journalist by trade, he started out writing reports on football for newspaper Los Sitios at the age of 14.
- Puigdemont speaks English, French and Romanian on top of his native Catalan and Spanish.
- He is also one of the founders of English language news paper Catalonia Today, as well as founder and former director of the Catalan News Agency.
- Through a close friend of former FC Barcelona President Joan Laporta, Puigdemont is a supporter of local team Girona FC, who won promotion to La Liga for the first time in the club’s history in the summer of 2017.