Born on February 18, 1957, Bruce Rauner is an American businessman, philanthropist and politician who is the 42nd and current governor of Illinois since January 12, 2015. As a member of the Republican, he was the Chairman of R8 Capital Partners and Chairman of the firm GTCR before becoming the Governor. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended Dartmouth College and graduated summa cum laude with a degree in economics and later received an MBA from Harvard University.
Bruce Rauner Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Chicago, Illinois, he is the son of Ann and Vincent Rauner, a lawyer and senior vice president for Motorola. He is of Swedish and German descent. He has three siblings.
Bruce Rauner Married/Wife
He currently lives in Winnetka, Illinois with his wife Diana Mendley. He was married to Elizabeth Konker Wessel before marrying Diana. For more information, visit his twitter.
Congratulations to the @IllinoisDCFS scholarship winners. These young leaders have demonstrated excellence in academics and community service. With a lifetime of possibilities ahead, no doubt they will be heard from again. Good going! pic.twitter.com/9FtT2prLpd
— Governor Rauner (@GovRauner) July 27, 2018
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Bruce Vincent Rauner
- Nicknames: Bruce Rauner
- Birthday: February 18, 1957
- Age: 61 years old
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, US
- Current Residence: Illinois, US
- Education: Dartmouth College, Harvard University
- Profession: Politician
- Political Party: Republican
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Christian
- Zodiac: Aquarius
- Spouse/Wife: Elizabeth Wessel (m. 1980; div. 1993) Diana Mendley (m. 1994)
- Children: 6
- Net Worth: Several hundred million ($500 million USD estimated)
Who is Lanny Davis? Learn more about him here.
- Height: 6 feet 4 inches
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Biceps: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He is a republican.
- He is the 42nd and current Governor of Illinois
- Prior to his election, he was the Chairman of R8 Capital Partners and Chairman of the private equity firm GTCR, based in Chicago.
- He is of Swedish and German descent.
- His first job was a
- Rauner graduated summa cum laude with a degree in economics from Dartmouth College.
- During his campaign for governor he promised that he would accept only $1 in salary and no benefits from his office, including forgoing a pension and reimbursement for travel expenses.
Success is all about persistence and doing the right thing for the long term.