So the Royal Wedding was amazing. Meghan Markle looked like a princess (Duchess of Sussex now) and it was marvelous. One other thing was marvelous and that was Bishop Michael Curry’s sermon. So after watching the entire wedding, you are probably wondering who is Michael Curry? We’ve got you covered fam!
Bishop Michael Curry is an American Bishop from Chicago, or US Episcopal Church Minister, and he delivered a powerful and entertaining address in the Royal Wedding between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Bishop Curry was ordained as a priest in 1978, and is the presiding bishop of the Episcopal Church, since his appointment in 2015.
Before the ceremony, the Most Reverend Justin Welby, who was officiating the ceremony in St George’s Chapel, said he was thrilled the prince and Ms Markle had chosen Bishop Curry, describing him as a “brilliant pastor, stunning preacher”. And, the stunning preacher he is, he opened his speech with the words of Civil Rights leader Martin Luther King Jr, who said: “We must discover the power of love, the redemptive power of love. And when we do that, we will be able to make of this old world a new world. Love is the only way.” Bishop Curry essentially stole the show.
Watch him deliver his powerful sermon here.
Before Fame: Bishop Curry was ordained a priest in 1978.
Bishop Michael Curry Affair/Wife/Married
Bishop Michael Curry’s wife is named Sharon and they have two adult daughters together.
Profile / Wiki / Information
Personal Information on Bishop Michael Curry
- Full Name: Michael Curry
- Nicknames: Bishop Curry
- Birthday: March 13, 1953
- Age: 65 years in 2018
- Gender: Male
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois
- Current Residence: Chicago
- Education: Yale Divinity School
- Profession: Bishop, Minister
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Black
- Religion: Christian
- Spouse/Wife: Sharon
- Children: 2 daughters
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Chest Size: Not Available
- Biceps: Not Available:
- Body Type: Preacher like
- Hair Color: Grey
- Eye Color: Black
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- In North Carolina, he helped to refocus the church’s development goals to fund malaria nets to save more than 100,000 lives.
- Bishop Curry defended the Episcopal Church’s move to allow same sex couples to marry in church in 2015, which caused some churches to cut ties
- The US Episcopal Church is one of only two Anglican churches worldwide that allow gay marriage in church – the other being the Scottish Episcopal Church
- Both sides of his family were descendants of slaves and sharecroppers in Alabama, as his autobiography suggests.
- Bishop Curry has written two books.
We must discover the power of love, the redemptive power of love. And when we do that, we will be able to make of this old world a new world. Love is the only way