William Franklin Graham Jr. (November 7, 1918-February 21, 2018) who was also known as Billy Graham was an American evangelical evangelist who was regarded as the most influential preacher of the 20th Century. Graham was a spiritual adviser to American presidents and provided spiritual counsel for every president from Harry Truman to Barack Obama. For more information on Billy Graham, read the article below.
Before Fame: In 1937 Graham transferred to the Florida Bible Institute (now Trinity College of Florida) from Bob Jones College.
Billy Graham Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Charlotte, North Carolina, he was the eldest of four children born to Morrow and William Franklin Graham Sr. He was raised in the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church by his parents and is of Scots-Irish descent.
Billy Graham Wife/Children
On August 13, 1943, he married Ruth Bell (1920-2007). Ruth Graham died on June 14, 2007, at the age of 87. They were married for almost 64 years. Graham and his wife had five children together: Virginia Leftwich Graham (born 1945; an inspirational speaker and author); Anne Graham Lotz (born 1948; runs AnGeL ministries); Ruth Graham (born 1950; founder and president of Ruth Graham & Friends, leads conferences throughout the U.S. and Canada); Franklin Graham (born 1952, who serves as president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and as president and CEO of international relief organization, Samaritan’s Purse); and Nelson Edman Graham (born 1958; a pastor who runs East Gates Ministries International, which distributes Christian literature in China).
Visit his twitter.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: William Franklin Graham Jr.
- Nicknames: Billy Graham
- Birthday: November 7, 1918
- Death: February 21, 2018
- Age: 99 years old (at the time of death)
- Birthplace: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Died at: Montreat, North Carolina
- Education: Florida Bible Institute
- Profession: Evangelical Christian evangelist
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Christian
- Zodiac: Scorpio
- Spouse/Wife: Ruth Graham (m. 1943 d. 2007)
- Children: Virginia, Anne, Ruth, William, Franklin III, Nelson
- Net Worth: $25 million USD
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He was an evangelical Christian evangelist.
- He was widely regarded as the most influential preacher of the 20th century.
- Graham was a spiritual adviser to American presidents and provided spiritual counsel for every president from Harry Truman to Barack Obama.
- As of 2008, Graham’s estimated lifetime audience, including radio and television broadcasts, topped 2.2 billion.
- Graham has 19 grandchildren and numerous great-grandchildren.
- He insisted on racial integration for his revivals and crusades in 1953 and invited Martin Luther King Jr. to preach jointly at a revival in New York City in 1957. He bailed King out of jail in the 1960s when King was arrested in demonstrations.
- He was also lifelong friends with another televangelist and founding pastor of the Crystal Cathedral, Robert H. Schuller, whom Graham talked into doing his own television ministry.
The greatest legacy one can pass on to one’s children and grandchildren is not money or other material things accumulated in one’s life, but rather a legacy of character and faith.
A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone.