Born as Elisabeth Dee Prince, Betsy DeVos, is an American businesswoman, politician and the 11th and current United States Secretary of Education from Holland, Michigan. As a member of the Republican Party, she is known for her support for school choice, school voucher programs, and charter schools. The 59 year old politician is married to Dick DeVos, the former CEO of the company Amway, and is the daughter-in-law of Amway’s billionaire co-founder Richard DeVos. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: Before fame, she attended Calvin College.
Betsy DeVos Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born on January 8, 1958, Devos is the daughter of Elsa Prince and Edgar Prince, a billionaire industrialist. Both of her parents are of Dutch ancestry. Her brother, Erik Prince, a former U.S. Navy SEAL officer, is the founder of Blackwater USA.
Betsy DeVos Affair/Married/Controversy
She is married to Dick DeVos, the former CEO of the multi-level marketing company Amway, and is the daughter-in-law of Amway’s billionaire co-founder, Richard DeVos. For more information, contact her on twitter.
— Betsy DeVos (@BetsyDeVos) February 9, 2017
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Elisabeth Dee DeVos
- Nicknames: Betsy DeVos
- Birthday: January 8, 1958
- Age: 59 years old
- Birthplace: Holland, Michigan, United States
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Calvin College
- Profession: Politician, Businesswoman
- Political Party: Republican
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Christian
- Zodiac: Capricorn
- Spouse/Wife: Dick DeVos
- Children: 4
- Net Worth: $1+ billion USD
- Height: 5 feet 7 inches
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She was Republican National Committeewoman for Michigan from 1992 to 1997 and served as chairwoman of the Michigan Republican Party from 1996 to 2000, with reelection to the post in 2003.
- She has served as chairwoman of the board of the Alliance for School Choice and the Acton Institute and headed the All Children Matter PAC.
- Her brother, Erik Prince, a former U.S. Navy SEAL officer, is the founder of Blackwater USA.
- Their father is Edgar Prince, founder of the Prince Corporation.
- In 2016, the DeVos family was listed by Forbes as the 88th richest family in America, with an estimated net worth of $5.4 billion.
I would imagine that there’s probably a gun in the school to protect from potential grizzlies.
I think, if I’m understanding your question correctly around proficiency, I would also correlate it to competency and mastery, so that each student is measured according to the advancement they’re making in each subject area.