Born on September 18, 1951, Ben Carson is an American politician, author and former neurosurgeon who has been serving as the United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development since 2017.
Having bestowed the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2008, he has received more than 60 honorary doctorate degrees and was named CNN and TIME magazines as one of the nation’s 20 foremost physicians and scientists in 2001. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended Yale University and University of Michigan.
Ben Carson Ethnicity/Religion/Parents
Ben Carson was born in Detroit, Michigan to Robert Solomon Carson Jr. and Sonya Carson. is father was a World War II US Army veteran. He has an older brother named Curtis.
Ben Carson Affair/Married/Wife
He is married to Lacena Rustin (m. 1975). They have three sons and several grandchildren. Visit his twitter for more information.
— Ben Carson (@SecretaryCarson) May 21, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Benjamin Solomon Carson Sr.
- Nicknames: Ben Carson
- Birthday: September 18, 1951
- Age: 67 years old (as of May 2019)
- Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan, US
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Yale University, University of Michigan
- Profession: Politician, author, former neurosurgeon
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Black
- Religion: Christian
- Zodiac: Virgo
- Spouse/Wife: Candy Rustin (m. 1975)
- Children: 3
- Net Worth: $27 million above
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He is a Republican.
- He is serving as the 17th United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development since 2017.
- Before his career as a politician, he was a neuro-surgeon.
- He was a candidate for President of the United States in Republican primaries in 2016.
- In 2008, he was bestowed the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian award in the United States.
- He was the youngest neurosurgeon at Johns Hopkins to head a major division in the hospital’s history.
- He states that he had a violent temper in his youth.
- Visit our site for more updates.
You have the ability to choose which way you want to go. You have to believe great things are going to happen in your life. Do everything you can – prepare, pray and achieve – to make it happen.