Born on September 25, 1929, Barbara Walters is an American journalist, author and television personality who is best known for being host of television programs including Today, The View, ABC Evening News and 20/20. As one of the greatest broadcast journalist, she was ranked 34th on TV Guide “50 Greatest TV Stars of All Time List”. To learn more about her, read the article below.
Before Fame: She attended Sarah Lawrence College.
Barbara Walters Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Boston, Massachusetts, Barbara was born to Dena and Louis Walters. Both of her parents were Jewish. Her parents were descendants of refugees from former Russian Empire.
Barbara Walters Affair/Married/Husband
She has been married four times to three different men. She was first married to Robert Henry Katz in 1955. Their marriage was annulled after 11 months.
She was then married to Lee Guber. They married on December 8, 1963 and divorced in 1976.
She was married twice to Merv Adelson. They first married in 1981 and divorced in 1982. The remarried in 1986 and divorced in 1992.
Visit her twitter for more information.
— The View (@TheView) September 28, 2017
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Barbara Jill Walters
- Nicknames: Barbara
- Birthday: September 25, 1929
- Age: 89 years old (as of march 2019)
- Birthplace: Boston, Massachusetts, US
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Sarah Lawrence college
- Profession: journalist, author, television personality
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Her parents were descendants of refugees from the former Russian Empire
- Religion: Her parents were Jewish
- Zodiac: Libra
- Spouse/Husband: Robert Henry Katz (m. 1955; annulled 1957), Lee Guber (m. 1963; div. 1976), Merv Adelson (m. 1981; div. 1984)-(m. 1986; div. 1992)
- Children: 1
- Net Worth: She is a multimillionaire
Who is Jenny McCarthy? Learn more about her here.
- Height: 5 ft 4 ½ inches(164 cm)
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She stated that her mentor is newsman Mike Wallace.
- She was inducted into Television Academy Arts and Sciences’ Hall of Fame in 1990.
- She was honored by Museum of Television and Radio in 1996.
- Since Richard Nixon, she has interviewed every US president.
- It is said the she dislikes being photographer from the right side.
- She was the first anchorperson to earn $1 million a year.
- Her father was born to parents of Polish Jewish descent and her mother was born to Russian and Lithuanian Jewish mother.
My own opinion is that there’s far too little flirtation in our country as it is. Most attractive males talk to most attractive women as if they were Rotarians comparing sales percentages in Des Moines.
Motherhood is tough. If you just want a wonderful little creature to love, you can get a puppy.