Born on November 5, 1965 Atul Gawande is an American surgeon, writer and public health researcher who on June 20, 2018 was named the CEO of a recently formed healthcare venture owned by Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway, and JP Morgan Chase. He is a professor in the Department of Health Policy and Management at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and the Samuel O. Thier Professor of Surgery at Harvard Medical School. He is also the executive director of Ariadne Labs, a joint center for health systems innovation, and chairman of Lifebox, a nonprofit that works on reducing deaths in surgery globally. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended Stanford University, University of Oxford and Harvard University.
Dr. Atul Gawande Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Brooklyn, his parents were Indian Marathi immigrants. Both of his parents were doctors. He has a sister.
Dr. Atul Gawande Affair/Married/Wife
Who is Danielle Bregoli? Visit to learn more about her.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Atul Gwande
- Nicknames: Atul
- Birthday: November 5, 1965
- Age: 52 years old
- Birthplace: Brooklyn, New York, US
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Stanford University, University of Oxford, Harvard University
- Profession: Writer, Surgeon, public health researcher
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Indian
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Scorpio
- Spouse/Wife: Not Available
- Children: Not Available
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- On June 20, 2018, he was named the CEO of a recently-formed healthcare venture owned by Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway, and JP Morgan Chase.
- He was born to Indian Marathi Immigrants. Both of his parents were doctors.
- He has a sister.
Better is possible. It does not take genius. It takes diligence. It takes moral clarity. It takes ingenuity. And above all, it takes a willingness to try.