Justice Anthony Kennedy on June 27, 2018, Wednesday announced that he would retire from the bench and that has brought about a major discussion in the American political diaspora about the one too many great decisions made while he was a Justice and about President Trumps’ next pick for Justice. In the midst of this, Trump has also announced recently that there are two female picks for the position as well. Trump also called Kennedy a jurist with “tremendous vision and tremendous heart.” Justice Kennedy, full name Anthony McLeod Kennedy, was born in July 23, 1936 in Sacramento, California and was the longest serving Supreme Court Justice who was on the bench. He was appointed by Ronald Reagan on 1987. Kennedy has been pivotal to some key cases and was markedly conservative in the early days, but later turned out to exhibit very thoughtful independence. One of the most importance cases is Roe v. Wade, concerning abortion; Justice Kennedy authored the opinion that legal restrictions on access to abortion must not constitute an “undue burden” on a woman’s exercise of her right to abortion. People are now concerned that this ruling might be in jeopardy after his retirement.
Before Fame: Anthony Kennedy worked as a lobbyist in California.
Anthony Kennedy Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Justice Kennedy father was Anthony J. Kennedy and his mother was Gladys McLeod. His father came out of humble beginnings starting out as a dock worker and later worked through to become a substantial lawyer and lobbyist in California. His mother was active in civic affairs.
Justice Kennedy was the second child of his parents.
Anthony Kennedy Affair/Married/Wife
Justice Kennedy married Mary Davis on June 29, 1963 and they remain happily married. Mary Davis has known Kennedy since her childhood. The couple has three children together: Justin Kennedy, Gregory Kennedy and Kristin Marie Kennedy. Visit his twitter.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Anthony McLeod Kennedy
- Nicknames: Justice Kennedy
- Birthday: July 23, 1936
- Age in 2018: 81
- Gender: Male
- Birthplace: California
- Current Residence: California
- Education: Harvard University (LLB)
- Profession: Lawyer, Supreme Court Justice
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Caucasian
- Religion: Catholoc
- Zodiac: Leo
- Spouse/Wife: Mary Davis
- Children: Three
- Net Worth: Annual Salary of $255,300
- Height: Not Known
- Weight: Not Known
- Feet Size: Not Known
- Dress Size: Not Known
- Shoe Size: Not Known
- Chest Size: Not Known
- Biceps: Not Known:
- Body Type: Average
- Hair Color: Grey
- Eye Color: Blue
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- Justice Kennedy was a part of the authoring opinion of Roe v. Wade.
- Kennedy’s all three children are well accomplished.
- Kennedy’s wife was a schoolteacher in California.
- Justice Kennedy had come to the contact of prominent politicians at a young age.
- Justice Kennedy is a conservative but shows civil-libertarian traits too.
- In his summers, Kennedy spends the time in Austria and teaches International and American law at the University of Salzburg for the McGeorge School of Law.
Why should world opinion care that the American Administration wants to bring freedom to oppressed peoples? Is that not because there’s some underlying common mutual interest, some underlying common shared idea, some underlying common shared aspiration, underlying unified concept of what human dignity means? I think that’s what we’re trying to tell the rest of the world, anyway.