Born on November 3, 1949, Anna Wintour is a British-American journalist and editor who is the editor-in-chief of Vogue (since 1988) and artistic director for Conde Nast (since 2013). Having the nickname “Nuclear Wintour”, Anna is an important figure in fashion world and is known for her eye for fashion trends. To learn more about her, read the article below.
Before Fame: She attended North London College School.
Anna Wintour Ethnicity/Religion/Nationality
Anna was born in Hampstead, London to Charles Wintour and Eleanor Trego Baker. She was named after her maternal grandmother, Anna Baker. She had four siblings.
Anna Wintour Affair/Married/Husband
She was married to David Shaffer from 1984 to 1999. They had two children together.
Visit our site for more updates.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Dame Anna Wintour
- Nicknames: Anna Wintour, Nuclear Wintour
- Birthday: November 3, 1949
- Age: 69 years old (as of April 2019)
- Birthplace: Hampstead, London, England
- Current Residence: New York City, New York, US
- Education: North London Collegiate School
- Profession: Magazine editor, fashion journalist
- Nationality: British-American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Scorpio
- Spouse/Wife: David Shaffer (m. 1984; div. 1999)
- Children: 2
- Net Worth/Salary: $2 million USD (annually)
- Height: 5 feet 1 inch (155 cm)
- Weight: 45-48 kg (approx)
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She made her first TV show appearance in the comedy series Hi Octane.
- She has two children with David Shaffer.
- She has been the editor-in-chief of Vogue since 1988 and artistic director for Conde Nast, Vogues publisher since 2013.
- She has a nickname “Nuclear Wintour”.
- The bestselling The Devil Wears Prada is believed to be based on her.
- She has raised over $ 10 million dollar for AIDS charities since 1990.
- She is a fan of Game of Thrones.
- Her ancestry includes English, Scottish, distant Dutch, and remote French Huguenot.
To me, fashion is ceaselessly fascinating because it is an expression of self.
I think possibly what people working for one hate the most is indecision. Even if I’m completely unsure, I’ll pretend I know exactly what I’m talking about and make a decision. The most important thing I can do is try and make myself very clearly understood.