Alan Krueger (September 17, 1960-March 16, 2019) was an American economist who was the James Madison Professor of Political Economy at Princeton University. He was also the Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research. From May 2009 to October 2010, he served as Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy and as chair of the White House Council of Economic Advisers from November 2012 to August 2013. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended Cornell University and Harvard University.
Alan Krueger Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Livingston, New Jersey, Alan grew up in Jewish family. His family information is not known at the moment.
Alan Krueger Married/Wife
He was married to Lisa Simon and they had 2 children.
Death of Alan Krueger:
Alan Krueger was found dead at his home in Princeton on March 16, 2019. The cause of his death has been confirmed as suicide.
This is his twitter account.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Alan Bennett Krueger
- Nicknames: Alan Krueger
- Birthday: September 17, 1960
- Death: March 16, 2019
- Age: 58 years old at the time of death
- Birthplace: Livingston, New Jersey, US
- Education: Cornell University, Harvard University
- Profession: economist
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Not Available
- Religion: He grew up in Jewish family
- Zodiac: Pisces
- Spouse/Wife: Lisa Simon
- Children: 2
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He was among the 50 highest ranked economists in the world according to Research Papers in Economics.
- He was the James Madison Professor of Political Economy at Princeton University.
- He served as Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy from May 2009 t October 2010.
- He served as chair of the White House Council of Economic Advisers from November 2012 to August 2013.
- Visit our site for information.
Behavioral economics tells us that people often focus too much on the wrong things, and tend to focus on aspects of the job that are salient. So, for example, the pay is salient, especially the starting pay.